If there are any differences between this and the Japanese, the Japanese text is the legal definition.
Article 1 (Definitions)
"Personal information" refers to personal information as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003, hereinafter referred to as the "Personal Information Protection Act"). Personal information means information about a living individual that can identify a specific individual by name, date of birth, or other description, etc., or that contains a personal identification code, as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003, hereinafter "Personal Information Protection Act").
“Personal data" refers to personal information that constitutes the "personal information database, etc." as defined in Article 16, Paragraph 1 of the Personal Information Protection Law.
Article 2 (Acquisition and Use of Personal Data)
The Company will acquire personal information of users and use the acquired information to the extent necessary for the following purposes. If the Company intends to use personal information beyond the scope of the following purposes, the Company shall obtain prior consent from the user in an appropriate manner.
- To provide our services (hereinafter referred to as "the Service(s)").
- To improve the contents of the Service or develop new services.
- To provide information on new features, updates, campaigns, etc. of the Service and other services provided by the Company (including sending emails, flyers, and other direct mailings).
- To contact you as necessary for maintenance, important notices, etc..
- To respond to opinions, inquiries, etc. from users regarding the Service (including to confirm the identity of the user).
- To report to users on the use of the Service.
- To request cooperation for questionnaires, interviews, etc., and participation in various events related to the Service, and to report the results of such requests and events.
- To investigate and analyze the usage history of the Service, and to use the results for the improvement and development of the Service and the distribution of advertisements.
- To provide personal information to companies, etc. participating in events hosted by the Company based on the user's consent or application.
Article 3 (Management and Protection of Personal Information)
personal information shall be strictly managed and shall not be disclosed to any third party (except for third parties located in foreign countries) without the consent of the user, except in the following cases The same shall apply hereinafter in this Article). (except in the case of items 4 through 6 below, where the personal data is personal information that requires special consideration) (However, in the case of items (4) through (6) above, personal data (except for personal information requiring special consideration) will not be disclosed or provided to third parties outside Japan. In addition, in consideration of safety, the Company will take measures to prevent and correct risks such as unauthorized access to personal information, loss, destruction, falsification, and leakage of personal information.
- When it is necessary for the protection of a person's life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the user's consent.
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is particularly necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children, and in which it is difficult to obtain the user's consent.
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a state organ or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and in which obtaining the user's consent is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
- Cases in which the handling of personal data is outsourced in whole or in part within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use, in order to facilitate the smooth execution of business.
- Cases in which personal data is provided as a result of the succession of business due to merger or other reasons.
- Cases in which personal data will be used jointly with a specific person, and in which this fact, the items of personal data to be jointly used, the scope of the joint users, the purpose of use by the user, and the name of the person responsible for the management of the personal data are notified to the user in advance, or (6) Where the personal data is readily accessible to the Users in advance.
- Other cases permitted by laws and regulations.
In the following cases, the recipient of the personal data is not a third party.
- When we outsource all or part of the handling of personal data within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- When personal data is provided as a result of the succession of business due to merger or other reasons.
- Cases in which the Company uses personal information jointly with a specific party as stipulated in Article 5, and in which the Company notifies or informs the customer in advance to that effect, the items of personal information to be jointly used, the scope of joint use, the purpose of use by the party using the information, and the name or title of the party responsible for the management of the personal information. The Company notifies the customer in advance or makes readily available to the customer the items of personal information to be used jointly, the scope of the joint users, the purpose of use by the users, and the name or title of the person responsible for managing the personal information.
Article 4 (Entrustment of Handling of Personal Information)
We may outsource all or part of the handling of personal data within the scope necessary to achieve the Purposes of Use. In such cases, we will thoroughly examine the eligibility of the consignee, stipulate confidentiality obligations in the contract, and exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the consignee.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties in Foreign Countries)
- We will not provide personal data to third parties in foreign countries, except in the following cases
- When the User has given prior consent to allow the provision of personal data to a third party in a foreign country.
- Where the personal data is provided to a third party in a foreign country that has taken appropriate and reasonable measures to handle the personal data in accordance with the purpose of the provisions of Chapter 4, Section 1 of the Personal Information Protection Law, and such measures have been secured between the Company and such third party.
- Cases falling under any of the items of Article 3.1.
- Cases in which personal data is provided to a third party in a foreign country as set forth in the following paragraph.
- We may outsource all or part of the handling of personal data to a third party located in a foreign country as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law. Please refer to the following for the name of the country in which the third party is located and the personal information protection system, etc. of such foreign country.
United States of America
[Personal Information Protection in Foreign Countries]
Please refer to the following website of the Personal Information Protection Commission https://www.ppc.go.jp/personalinfo/legal/kaiseihogohou/#gaikoku
[Personal Information Protection Measures Taken by Foreign Businesses]
The Company will use cookie information for the purpose of operating, maintaining and improving the quality of the Service, as well as developing and improving the Company's products and services, and delivering advertisements tailored to the user's use of the Service.
Article 7 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
We will not disclose personal information to any third party without the prior consent of the user (limited to the user himself/herself. When we are requested to disclose personal information by a user (limited to the user himself/herself; the same shall apply hereinafter in this Article), we will disclose such information to the user without delay. However, if the Company decides not to disclose the personal information, it will notify the user to that effect without delay. A fee of 1,000 yen will be charged for each case of disclosure of personal information.
- When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the user or a third party.
- If there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper execution of our business.
- In any other case that would violate laws and regulations.
Article 8 (Security Control Measures for Personal Information)
The Company shall take organizational, physical, personnel, and technical measures to prevent unauthorized access to personal information, loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of personal information by restricting access to personal information files, recording access logs, and implementing security measures to prevent unauthorized access from outside the Company. We will prevent unauthorized access to personal information and the loss, destruction, falsification, and leakage of personal information.
In the event of an incident involving the leakage, etc., of the user's personal information, the Company will, in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law and related guidelines, report the incident to the regulatory authorities and take necessary measures to prevent similar incidents from occurring or recurring, etc., in accordance with the instructions of such regulatory authorities.
Article 9 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
If the personal information held by the Company is incorrect, the Company will correct or delete the personal information at the request of the User in accordance with the procedures established by the Company.
The Company will not accept any request from the User for correction or deletion of personal information in accordance with the preceding paragraph. If the Company deems it necessary to respond to a user's request as described in the preceding paragraph, the Company will correct or delete the relevant personal information without delay, and notify the user of such correction or deletion.
Article 10 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.)
If a user requests the suspension of use, erasure, or discontinuance of provision to a third party (hereinafter referred to as "Suspension of Use, etc.") of personal information, we will conduct the necessary investigation without delay, and based on the results, we will suspend use of the personal information and notify the user to that effect in accordance with the law. However, in cases where it is difficult to suspend the use of personal information due to the large amount of costs involved or other difficulties in doing so, and alternative measures can be taken to protect the rights and interests of the User, these alternative measures will be taken.
Article 12 (Compliance with Laws, Regulations, and Standards)
The Company shall comply with Japanese laws, regulations, and other norms applicable to personal information held by the Company.
Article 13 (Response to Complaints and Consultations)
The Company shall accept complaints and consultations from users regarding the handling of personal information, and respond to such complaints and consultations appropriately and promptly. The Company shall also respond promptly and appropriately to requests from users for disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, or refusal of use or provision of said personal information.
Article 14 (Address of the Company, Name of Representative, and Personal Information Protection Manager)
The Company's address, the name of its representative and the name of its personal information protection administrator are as follows:
Yebisu Garden Place Tower 27F, 4-20-3 Ebisu, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 153-0013, Japan
Representative: Kenya Tamura, Representative Director
Personal Information Protection Manager: Hiroki Inoue
Article 15 (Contact for Inquiries)
Please contact the following for any inquiries regarding our handling of personal information.
Eukarya Corporation Customer Service Contact
Enacted and enforced on June 15, 2022